Long Honeycomb (90 deg)
£2.80 – £9.50
The Stretched or ‘LONG Honeycomb’ (90 degree) shape is often used in floor-tile patterns, as it tessellates beautifully with squares.
In a ‘normal’ Honeycomb shape all edges have the same length, however in the ‘stretched’ or ‘Long’ version the length of the horizontal edge differs from the length of the other edges.
We currently offer 4 different Long (or ‘stretched’) Honeycombs:
- long edge of 1.5″ (3.8 cm) and a short edge of 1″ (2.5 cm). This Honeycomb will fit a 1.5″ (3.8 cm) Square and is also used to good effect in the ‘Prudence’ pattern by Lilabelle Lane Creations.
- long edge of 2″ (5.1 cm) and a short edge of 1″ (2.5 cm). This Honeycomb will fit a 2″ (5.1 cm) Square and is used to good effect in Linda Koenigs ‘Promenade au Jardin’ pattern (from: Ratsburg Road Quilts)
- long edge of 2″ (5.1 cm) and 1.25″ (3.2 cm) on the short sides, so you can fit a 2.5″ Square on the corners (see pictures).
- long edge of 1 and 3/8th” (3.5 cm) and 1″ (2.5 cm) on the short sides. This is the stretched honeycomb that is used in the ‘Floating Colours’ pattern by Willyne Hammerstein (from: Millefiori Quilts), and also in the ‘Quatro Colour’ pattern by Sue Daley. It tessellates with the 1.5″ (3.8cm) ’90 degree Pentagon’ shape.
- long edge of 7/8th” (2.2 cm) and 5/8th” (1.6 cm) on the short sides. This is the Honeycomb (elongated Hexagon) that is used in Lynette Andersons ‘Hexie Heirloom’ pattern (from: Country style Quilting)
Please choose the shape you would like and the packet size in the drop down menu below
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.